Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Unhappy

As time flies by on my golden throne I laugh at all the little people down there working with their hands trying to climb the ladder to the empty golden thrones surrounding me. I need no other entertainment their pain is enough. Yet there is so much happiness in their lives even though they have nothing they find something to be happy for. If only I knew how to find that secret happiness. Even with all this wealth, even with my golden throne I can find nothing so satisfying as their happiness. I am stuck to my throne and cannot jump gleefully off to find my own happiness. I am obligated to do my duty so that someday these people may find their own unhappiness in one of the empty golden thrones surrounding me.
That which is called poetry is something I know not very well.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Nice ending. I like the simple but "elevated" tone of this.

    ReplyDelete