Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Many poets

We had a lot of poets to read for class today. I especially liked allen ginsburgs america and supermarket. I liked how its someone talking to something that isnt a person. Charles olsons projective verse was kind of confusing but i felt like i could understand it more than Louis Zukofsky's "an objective" zukofsky's made no sense and jumped all over the place but olsons was more fluid and so while to some extent it was confusing his idea was understandable.


Here's a few more poems of mine,

It wasn’t objecting that was going on anyway,
A new computer,
Giant computer,
Or a diskette with its long known,
As a works,
As a town pond,
Like a season,
Or nine months in little things you learn:
Some new reading.
How much time?
It is smaller than a niece in a town.

I was getting that he wrote him a letter, stop
Stating that the Negro in the post office she is in stop.
And that he, stop
Oh, stop
He cheated on me, stop
And knows if he, stop
in a city there, stop
is patiently staring at me in a pink eye, stop
And is probably filling in a link to a campaign that was a secret, stop
To a length of anything known as a T-shirt minorly End

Gone out on a job, him being gone.
But to all nine was a good thing.
He said it was a plan, in America, to be on a lengthy phone and learning the news,
This leads you to the following:
To many in one hand Alexandria and I know,
They know, something and if I had everything in 80 it would be a testament,
so you say.
And often should have,
As I have said,
shot everything,
and given you a haven jump off
But Lenny and I know it’s you and your family on a piece.
Now Allen wants my hand.
Says he,
Sign the blinking holiday record.
I can tell,
You think that a book
Whatever anything in the plot length says is no.
And I know I want to go.

1 comment:

  1. I remember this one from class ... I forget what your method was, but there's a lot of energy here.

    By the way, that poetic device of talking to something that's not a person (or also to a person who's absent or dead) is called apostrophe (just like the punctuation mark, though don't ask me why).

    ReplyDelete