Monday, April 6, 2009

Rush

So i've never really done a blog but i guess its not that hard. I'm not really that into poetry it's cool and all but the last time i took a poetry class i couldn't write anything else but poetry. I have a copy of Dickinsons work at home and its pretty nice. i think one of the main things i have against poetry is that all your teachers want you to get to the core of the poem and find out the meaning the author hid within it, which i allways have trouble doing. Last night i decided to write a poem since its been awhile since i wrote any poetry, here it is, It's called Rush.
The term is half past done,
Yet my day has just begun.
A song fills the cracks in my mind...
All consuming.
A rush passes through,
And above my head,
The song runs along.
Everything is:
Said,
Done,
Gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment